“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom”
– Anaïs Nin
Who is the teacher apprenticeship program for?
- Disciplined students & teachers looking to take their practice to the next level
- Individuals who want to be a part of a supportive yoga community dedicated to continuous learning
What kinds of things will I learn?
- A safe pranayama practice
- Meditation techniques
- Group sutra studies
- Intricate alignments which assist your body in opening without risk of injury
- Detailed one on one tutorials using different body types to help you better understand your body and the bodies of others
- Confident business strategies which enable you to turn your passion into a fulfilling career
- How to use your time effectively to get results you can see physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually
What does the program include?
- 75 hours of workshops, course and discussion time focused on the traditional eight limbs of yoga over a four month period
- Individual direction on areas where you need focus in order for you to reach your potential as a student and or teacher of yoga
Chair Yoga Apprenticeship
Michelle is Victoria’s leading Yoga Therapist, with over 2500 hours of experience teaching Chair Yoga at seniors centers and hospitals in Victoria. We hope to greatly expand Canada’s Chair Yoga program, and are interested in training a wave of appropriate Chair Yoga teachers. Teaching people in need is not only hugely beneficial to those people, but is a wonderful investment in your own personal Yoga journey.
Requirements for Chair Yoga Apprenticeship
Learning how to teach seniors and people in need can be very challenging, but is always very rewarding. The yoga part of the training is not very physically challenging, but learning to accommodate different physical and mental challenges can be hard to grasp. Depending on your level of experience practicing and teaching Yoga, a Chair Yoga apprenticeship can last from as short as a week to a couple of months. The program is generally finished when the apprentice is comfortable running their own Chair Yoga program.
There are many opportunities for regular work in this field, and it can be extremely rewarding!